Saturday, October 20, 2012

Falcons vs. Panthers 9/30/12

It felt good to finally be back in the Dome.  This was the first home game that Christian and I got to attend this year.  With our season tickets, we get 2 preseason tickets and all the home games but it hasn't worked out for us to come until now.  I was also excited to see Cam Newton play.  Since he is an Auburn alum and helped take us to win the National Championship we hope he does well.  That doesn't mean we are going to cheer for him over "our" team but we like to watch him play.
This game was one for the records.  It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire game.  There wasn't a time that I felt like I could just relax because it was back and forth the whole game.  I don't like to watch my team lose and especially not at home.  With about 5 seconds left the falcons were down by 1.  Matt Bryant kicked a 40 yard game winning field goal to bring the final score to 30-28.  I was so excited!  I was jumping up and down.  This game brought the falcons to a 4-0 start which is the best start they have had since 2004. In all the excitement I left my Coach wristlet sitting under my chair and walked out.  As soon as we got to the breeze way I figure out that I left it and freaked out.  I immediately ran back to my seat and it wasn't there.  We had just came back from vacation a couple of day before so I had a lot of cash and all my cards and ID in there.  As soon as I saw a police officer I asked him if he had seen it or anyone had turned it in.  Thankfully, there are still honest people in this world and someone turned it in.  I couldn't believe I was so absent minded.  I got my wristlet back and everything was still in it.  Thank goodness! 
Kevin, Brandon, Byers & Christian

Christian & I

Me & the Birdman
The Birdman has tickets a few rows back from us and comes to every single game dressed like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment