Friday, October 12, 2012

California 2012: Disneyland


I have been such a blogging slacker for the past couple of months.  Things have been absolutely crazy!  We have been going non stop and I am afraid there is no end in sight with the holidays coming up.  Anyways, we headed to sunny San Diego on September 19th to visit Christian's Dad's side of the family.  We had all been counting down the days until it was time to leave.  I had a great time last year but traveling with a one year old when you are 7 months pregnant is not ideal.  Not to mention going to amusement parks and walking a lot.  This year I was ready! This was Lincoln's second time to California and Harrison's first.  Harrison got to meet his Grandfather and Great Grandfather Barajas along with many, many cousins, Aunts & Uncles.

We left no time to rest and headed for Disneyland the following morning.  Yes, my husband and I are dorks and had to get Mickey Mouse shirts.  Of course, if you know me or have ever read this blog you know I have a weakness for personalized shirts for my boys.  I found a great shop on etsy called Soohomemade that made the adorable outfits for the boys.  She made the personalized Mickey shirts and the shorts with a little red mickey for $38 (including shipping) for both boys!  I thought that was a steal.  When I got the outfits in the mail she also including a shirt for each boy one size bigger!  What a steal!  My mother in law also wanted to be dorks with us and wore a MM shirt as well.  I had to get my soon to be nephew a matching outfit too.  I am pretty sure my BIL and his girlfriend we less than thrilled about the outfit but I told them that I didn't care and he needed to wear it.

Here we are in front of the castle.  This is a cell phone picture and it turned out less than perfect but it works.  We actually had one of the Disney photographers take our picture with their camera but I haven't ordered the disc with the pictures on it yet.


Riding the train into the park


My adorable boys!

Thatcher, Harrison & Lincoln



Kelsi, Christian, Rosa, David & Grammy

First ride of the day







Grammy & Thatcher

I went in the gift shop and bought all three boys a sucker.  Lincoln is soaked because he figure out the water bottle fan thing and loved spraying it in his face.






You can't tell from this picture but I will never forget the pure joy on Lincoln's face when the teacups started spinning around.  He loved it!


Lincoln doing a little window shopping.

Dave and Rosa are the best!  I can't wait until the visit us next year!




Lincoln did really well drinking out of his water bottle.  He is a milkaholic and I didn't want him drinking milk all day in the hot park.  The water bottle turned out to be a life saver and he only wanted milk when he was tired.

Harrison having a drink of Mommy's lemonade.

We were riding on some kind of jungle boat ride.


Rosa, Dave, Christian and I riding space mountain.

It is funny how scared Whitney looks in this picture.


Tower of Terror


Star Tours

Lincoln watching the parade with Daddy.



Last but not least...It's a Small World.  This is Grammy's favorite ride and both boys really enjoyed it.  I don't particularly care for the ride.  Well I like it in the beginning but the song drives me nuts by the end of the ride.


Mia, Kelsi, Amy & Joel


The man that started it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment