Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Recap

Once I got home from work on Friday I thought it was a little hot in the house but just figured the air couldn't keep up since it was so hot outside.  When Christian got home he checked everything and the unit wasn't working.  I called our heat/air guy and left him a message and turned off the unit.  We loaded up the car and headed to Memaw and Poppy's house.  We had planned on visiting with everyone that evening but not spending the night.  There was no way we could stay in the house so we spent the night at Grammy's.  At Memaw and Poppy's house Kenny wanted to help feed Harrison.
I love how Kenny has his mouth open too!

After dinner we let the boys play outside for a few minutes.  Lincoln was soaking wet from sweat after just a few minutes.  Harrison loved riding in the car.



We headed to Grammy's once the kids played for a while and it was bath time!  Grammy worries so much about Harrison she just got her bathing suite on and got in the tub with the boys.

Lincoln is even doing the monster face.

After bath time it was time for bed or so we thought.  Grammy was rocking Harrison and Lincoln decided he wanted to love on his brother.  Harrison thought it was hilarious and was just giggling.


Saturday morning we left the boys with Grammy to go home and see if the air would work.  Thank goodness it came on! :)  Since it was already 90 degrees at 8am we grabbed some clothes and headed back to Grammy's house to get the boys and go swimming and Memaw & Poppy's.  I love when we all get to take a family nap.  I feel so much better after a nap.  I ran to walmart and Catos to pick up a few things that evening.  I never wear shorts but since it have been over 100 degrees I figured I should start thinking about it.  We ended up spending the night again with Grammy & Grandad.

Sunday morning we were up bright and early to get home and get the house in shape for company this week.  Christian's cousin Shana, her husband, Chris, and their two girls are coming to stay with us this week.  I'm not really sure how we are going to fit 4 more people in our tiny rental house but we will make do.  Also, Chris' brother and his wife will also be staying with us a couple of days.  Ten people in a tiny house is going to be very interesting!!  Christian and I got a lot done in a very short time at the house.  Things always go so much better when he helps.  He also keeps me on task and I don't get distracted as easily.  Once the boys got up from their naps we headed to the pool again.

It was a great weekend filled with lots of family time with the yankees! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment