Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Orlando Vacation 2013- Driving

Our trip started out being very hectic!  We had originally decided to leave early Wednesday (2/27/13) morning.  Tuesday (2/26/13) I decided it would be easier with the boys to drive half way Tuesday night and spend the night in Tifton.  Then get up the next morning and drive the rest of the way to Orlando.  This was kind of stupid of me since I didn't have a single thing packed.  I usually start packing way in advance but I haven't had the time.  I always have a list of things planned out but not this time.  I get home from work and go straight into packing mode.  I get everything we needed pack and ready to go in about an hour and a half.  I thought that was pretty good for not even having a plan.  We leave the house and take the dogs to my mother in laws house.  Say our goodbyes and head to the gas station for gas, red bull and snacks.  Lincoln has started eating almonds so I bought him some in the store.  I give him a couple and pull out of the gas station and on the interstate and Lincoln started choking.  I was driving and just pulled on the interstate so there was nothing I could do.  What seemed like an eternity was probably only a few seconds and Lincoln was okay but had puked all over himself.  We pull over at the rest stop that is no more than a mile from exit.  Christian tries to clean Lincoln up while I dig in the suite case to find him a new shirt.  Christian decided to drive after that so we headed on our way.

I few hours down the road we stopped for a potty break.  Lincoln still wasn't asleep.  He had been talking most of the way down there and kept say that he needed to go potty.  We haven't started potty training so we didn't think much of it.  I knew Lincoln would need a diaper change by this point so I got him out and he was soaked.  He had soaked all through his pants and all over his car seat.  I felt like Mom of the year.  I remembered I had packed an extra pair of pants in the diaper bag so I grab them and a diaper and head to the bathroom.  I get in the bathroom and change his diaper.  I go to put his pants on only to realized they are Harrison's pants.  They are a size 2t which is a little big on Harrison but a little small on Lincoln.  They were stretchy but a little short.  I didn't have any other option because I was cold outside and he had to have pants on.

We finally arrived in Tifton around midnight.  Both boys were asleep so we put them in bed and laid down ourselves.  I always read on vacation and had started a new book on the way down so I read for about an hour to wine down.  I could have fell asleep soon but my book was really good and I didn't want to stop reading.    I finished it the next morning.  Little did I know I only had a chapter left or I would have finished the night before.  That is what I get for not reading on a real book and reading on my kindle.

The next morning we got up and heading to the lobby for a little breakfast.  Here is the boys in the elevator on the luggage cart heading back to the room.  Christian gave the boys a bath while I got ready and we headed for Orlando.  We left the hotel about 10am so both boys were almost ready for naps.  It didn't take long before they were both passed out.

 This sign made me so happy!  I love Disney and couldn't wait to take the boys!  
We headed to Walmart to get a few groceries and supplies before we checked in the hotel.  We knew once we got there we wouldn't feel like going anywhere.  Both of the boys were so excited when we pulled into the hotel.  We decided to stay at Nickelodeon Suites.  They have a lot of fun activities for kids of all ages.  Plus you get to meet a lot of the Nick Jr. characters.  Harrison is in love with Dora.  Lincoln likes Dora but nothing like Harrison.  The hotel was really nice but a little overpriced.  I guess if we would have been able to utilized the pools more it wouldn't have seemed so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment