Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bye Bye Bah Bah

Yes, my son was almost 18 months old before we took his bottle away.  He loved his bottle and has been waking up in the middle of the night for a while now and I didn't want to do anything that might wake him up more.  I finally decided it was time and had my Mom check the farmers almanac to see when the signs were right.  Easter Sunday (3/31/13) was the day.  I figured them would be as good of a time as any.  I knew we would be going a lot that day and he seems to do better then.  Harrison had his last bottle when he woke up early that morning and hasn't had one since.  Daytime wasn't too bad but that evening I came close to giving in.  He was so sad and we couldn't find a cup he liked to drink milk out of.  We tried every different sippy cup we have except Lincoln's cup.  Lincoln is very fond of his cup and doesn't like anyone to touch it and especially not drink out of it. Finally, Christian said we should try it.  As soon as we did he started drinking the milk.  woohoo!!  I realized that we have always given him juice and water in a cup but never milk.  The only time he had had milk was when he would sneak a drink out of Lincoln's cup.  Lincoln wasn't too thrilled when he figured out what was going on but has gotten better.
He wasn't thrilled with the cup but he took it.  He would drink a little then say "bah bah".  It was nothing like the screaming Lincoln did when we took his bottle away.  If we have anymore kids we will be following the signs again.
My big boy the next morning! 


He thought is was funny to hide his cup then find it.






No comments:

Post a Comment