Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Crockpot Meals

We are leaving for Orlando today so I thought I would do a random post.  I am by no means a Betty Crocker but I am trying to learn how to make more and more things.  Plus, anything that could help make my life a little less hectic is always a plus.


I have been doing a lot of research on crockpot meals here lately.  I am always so rushed in the evenings it would be nice for dinner to be ready when we all get home.  Since I am a picky eater there is many, if any, crockpot meals that I like but the Hubs with eat just about anything.  I finally got things together to try a few.
I started out with all the ingredients for chili, Chicken Tacos and random marinades for chicken.  Christian and I eat a lot of grilled chicken but I am terrible about remembering to marinade it in the mornings.  This way you just marinade it and throw it in the freezer.  Take it out the freezer and put it in the refrigerator the day before you want to eat it.  While it thaws out it marinades the chicken.

With the things in the first picture I was about to make a big batch of homemade chili (which I split in half), marinaded BBQ chicken strips, 2 single chicken breast marinade in tomato, gralic and basil, a single BBq chicken breast, 3 packs of two chicken breast ready for a random crock pot meal.

My first crockpot meal was Chicken Tacos.  You can find the recipe here.

There were a success!  Christian enjoyed them and took the leftovers to work the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment