Friday, August 17, 2012

Weekend Recap

It has been crazy busy around the Barajas household lately.  Work has also been rather hectic hence the lack of blogging.  I have a million post to write but don't the time to edit and photos and write about the events. 

This past weekend we sent each of the boys to stay with a set of Grandparents.  Lincoln went to Atlanta with my parents to stay at my Aunt Shelia's house.  Lincoln's cousin, Greyson, was staying with Aunt Shelia and from what I can tell they had a great time playing together.  I am so glad they got to spend a little time together.  I hate that we don't get to see Greyson and his parents but on major holidays.  Hopefully we will be able to make a few more trips to Newnan once the house is finished.


Lincoln & Greyson playing at Aunt Shelia's house

My parents also took Lincoln to get a much needed hair cut.  I've been wanting to take him to a children's salon but I have no idea where one is around Chattanooga.  My mom said it didn't help and that he still hated getting his hair cut.

After the salon, they went to Monkey Joes to play. 

Harrison spent the weekend with Nana & Pop Pop in Dalton.  Nana called and told me Harrison was being such a sweet boy and how different him and Lincoln are.  Harrison is very calm and easy going.  He will entertain himself for long periods of time and is always smiling and laughing at something.
As soon as the boys were off with their Grandparents Christian and I got to work.  Christian's Mom and I painted baseboards.  There were about 40 16ft. baseboards to paint.  We were slow starting out but once we got a good system going we were flying through.
Christian laid the tile in the laundry room and master bath.  I am so proud of the great job he has done.  I believe this is only the second time he had laid tile.  He is pretty handy to have around because he can do just about anything and if he hasn't done it before he can figure it out.


2 comments:

  1. It looks great!! I know you are ready to move in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping we will be moving in within the next month. I am so ready to move out of this tiny house we are in. It is always a disaster because we don't have a place to put everything.

    ReplyDelete