Friday, June 18, 2010

The Proposal!!



Christian and I had been dating for almost 3 years and had been looking at rings.  He knew exactly (I printed out a picture and gave him the website) what I wanted but I thought it would take a lot longer to get the ring.  It was June 2008 and we were going to FL with his parents for a short vacation.  The night before we left Christian was talking to his mom on the phone and I over heard he say "She put it in the glovebox..."  I didn't say anything but the following day I called and check to see if any money was missing from the savings account and it was all there :(.  After finding that all the money was still there I didn't think anything else about him proposing.  We  got to FL Saturday around 1 or 2pm.  Christian kept asking if I wanted to go walk on the beach.  I was tired but finally agreed since he kept on.  His parents and youngest brother decided to go for a walk with us.  As we were all walking back I told everyone to stop because I wanted to get pictures because the sky was beautiful!!  I took a picture of Christian's Mom and Stepdad.  Then Phil (Christian's Stepdad) offered to take a picture of Christian and me so I handed him the camera.

After this picture Christian got down on one knee and proposed.  I was in total shock as you can tell my the look on my face.  When he asked I actually said, "How did you do that?"  He said a simple yes would be great! :)  Oh course I then said yes!!

June 12, 2008

I had to sit down. I was shaking all over!  I couldn't believe he finally did it!

I am trying to figure everything out here! :)

Showing the ring to his mom.



This is a picture from the following day.  I didn't want to take the ring off so I wore it on the beach.  I was very, very careful and kept my hand in a fist if I got in the water.

This is a picture of the ring from adiamor's website.

This is the band.

We got married almost a year later on May 20, 2009 on the beach in the Bahamas.

Sunrise Beach, Paradise Island


3 comments:

  1. Pretty! :) You got engaged 4 days after I got married! What beach were you at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We were in Panama City.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SOOOOOOOO want your ring ;)

    ReplyDelete