Monday, January 30, 2012

New Truck

In November Christian was on his way to work and had a wreck.  Another driver lost control of their vehicle and slammed into him.  Thankfully, everyone was okay but it totalled Christian's truck.  I knew something was up when the phone rang that morning.  I was still on maternity leave so after I fed Harrison in the morning we would go back to sleep.  Christian would text me if he need something just in case I was sleeping he didn't want to wake me up.  So when the phone rang at about 6:30am it made me panic.  The first thing he said was I am okay but...I have been in a wreck.  I called my mom to see if she could come and sit with the boys so I didn't have to get them out.  I also called my stepdad and he picked Christian up becasue he was on his way to work.  It took my mom a while to get there so my Dad stayed with Christian and waited on the tow truck then took him to his Mom's house.  I went ahead and loaded the boys up and headed to Grammys.  I can't say that I was sad to see the truck go.  Yes, the truck was paid for but I hated it!  It wasn't too bad when we it was just me and him or even when Lincoln was born.  Having a second child meant we always had to drive the Commander which meant it was always a mess.  We had talked about buying a bigger truck but hated to spend the money when his truck was paid for.
I knew that I wanted Christian to get something nice that would last for a while.  Something with a full backseat was a must and he wanted to truck.  Which in reality we need a truck all the time so it would be best if we had one.
I am so proud of him for shopping around.  He made phone calls and researched different ones until he found the one he loved. 

We are now the proud owners of a 2010 Chevy Silverado.

Can you tell he loves it?  I love it too!  It actually has more room than the commander.

No comments:

Post a Comment